FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Grilled New Potato Salad with Bacon and Scallions
Delicious red potatoes grilled to prefection.
View all tips »
The potato salad can be made up to 2 hours prior to serving. Cover and set aside at room temperature.
- 6 slices Bacon, thick-cut, cooked until crisp, then coarsely crumbled
- 2 lb. red new potatoes, (golf-ball size), scrubbed and poked with a fork
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 green onions, including green tops, cut crosswise into thin rounds
- 1/4 cup(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 large clove garlic , minced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare a medium fire in a charcoal grill or preheat a gas grill on medium. In a medium bowl, toss potatoes with olive oil until well coated.
- Arrange potatoes around cool outer edges of grill or place on upper rack if grill is so equipped. Cover and grill potatoes until tender when pierced with a knife, about 20 minutes. While potatoes are grilling, put green onions and bacon in a large bowl, and make dressing. Combine olive oil, vinegar, garlic, parsley, salt, sugar and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside. When potatoes are tender, transfer to a cutting board and cool for 5 minutes. Cut potatoes in half and add to bacon and onions in the bowl. Stir dressing to combine and pour over potatoes. Gently toss to thoroughly combine. Serve immediately.