FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Grilled Pepper Poppers
You’ll be amazed by this grilled pepper recipe, created on behalf of Kingsford® Charcoal by grilling enthusiast Alan Clifton of Dayton, Ohio.
- 1 lb. bacon
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 6 oz. aged provolone cheese, shredded (1 40910 cup)
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 20 large jalapenos (Note: for a less-spicy substitute, try 41068 small poblano peppers instead)
- 1 packet (1 ounce) Hidden Valley® The Original Ranch® Dips Mix
- 16 ounces sour cream
- Mix dipping sauce ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl and refrigerate.
- Fry bacon, drain, and let cool. Crumble bacon into cream cheese and add all additional ingredients. Mix together well. Place cream cheese mixture inside a quart size food storage bag. Cut off one of the corners to make a pastry bag.
- Cut off the top of the peppers approximately 1/4 of an inch from the base of the stem and set tops aside. Stuff cream cheese mixture in top of peppers and replace caps. Wrap each pepper tightly in foil.
- Place wrapped peppers on the grill grate directly over a hot bed of Kingsford® charcoal and turn frequently for 10-12 minutes. Remove from the grill, let cool, unwrap and serve with Hidden Valley® Ranch dipping sauce to cool down the spice from the peppers.