FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Grilled Salmon with Tangy Citrus Salsa
This “wow” recipe features an unusual salsa that would be just as good on grilled chicken or shrimp. We even love this over nachos with mild mozzarella cheese.
- 1 peeled, segmented navel orange
- 2 peeled, segmented lemons
- 2 tsp. seeded serrano chili, minced (about 2 chilies)
- 3/4 cup(s) canned tomatillos, diced
- 1/4 cup(s) red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. fresh oregano or basil, minced
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 lb. fresh salmon fillets (skinless)
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Kosher salt and black pepper
Directions for Salsa
- Roughly chop orange and lemon segments. Retain all of the juice that accumulates when you are peeling and chopping the citrus.
- Combine all ingredients, including citrus juices, and toss. Taste for salt and pepper. (The salsa can be prepared up to 2 days in advance.)
Directions for Salmon
- Combine oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Brush fish with oil mixture to coat. Broil or grill over medium-high heat, turning once, until firm (about 8 minutes).
- Serve salmon topped with salsa.