FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Grilled shrimp, cherry and grilled avocado salad
Using handpicked cherries, vitamin-rich avocados and fresh shrimp, this salad will add a healthy splash of surprise to your next grilling gathering.
- 2 lb. peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 oz. garlic
- 3 oz. chili sambal
- 4 oz. olive oil
- 1 lb. cherries, pitted
- 2 avocados, halved
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 3 oz. jicama, medium diced
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add garlic, chili sambal and olive oil. Let shrimp marinate 1 to 2 hours.
- Take halved avocados, season with salt and pepper. Place on grill skin side up.
- Grill for 2 minutes. Turn 45 degrees for nice hatch marks. Set aside.
- On the same grill add shrimp. Cook 2 to 3 minutes each side until cooked through.
- To assemble: In a bowl add cherries, picked cilantro, olive oil, salt and pepper and lime juice. Add sliced grilled avocado and jicama. Give a light toss and plate. Place cooked shrimp on top.