FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Grilled Shrimp Po’ Boy with Grilled Corn Relish
A grilled update on the legendary Louisiana sub sandwich.
- 8 6" baguettes or French loaves (grill for added flavor)
- 2 lb. Daily Chef™ uncooked 31/40 jumbo shrimp, thawed and tails removed
Grilled Corn Relish
- 1 ear corn, husk removed
- 1/2 large green bell pepper, halved and seeds removed
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, halved and seeds removed
- 1 (1") slice from a large red onion
- 1/2 stalk of celery, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup(s) mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup(s) olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 2 Tbsp. Old Bay® or cajun seasoning
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 cup(s) of spinach, rinsed and dried
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- For the shrimp marinade, combine olive oil, garlic, seasoning, lemon juice and shrimp. Set aside for at least 10 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Preheat grill to a medium-high heat.
- Drizzle ear of corn, peppers and onion slices with olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper and place on grill (approximately 5 to 10 minutes). Turn occasionally and be careful not to burn.
- Once the vegetables have cooled, remove the kernels from the corn and chop the peppers and onion finely.
- Mix all relish ingredients together and place in the refrigerator to cool.
- Place shrimp in grill basket or thread onto skewers and place on the grill and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- To assemble the sandwich, divide spinach, tomato and onion among the buns. Spread 2 tablespoons of corn relish on each bun and top with 8 to 10 grilled shrimp.