FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Grilled Shrimp with Tomato Bacon Relish
Bacon adds a lovely, smoky flavor to shrimp, and fresh summer corn provides a crunchy balance. Make the relish and marinate the shrimp a day ahead, and have dinner on the table in 15 minutes.
- 1 lb. raw 21–25 shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 lb. bacon
- 1/2 cup(s) minced onion
- 1 cup(s) fresh corn kernels
- 1/2 cup(s) tomato, diced
- salt and pepper
To make relish:
- Cut bacon in small pieces and cook in frying pan over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon to paper towels to drain. Drain all but 2–3 teaspoons of bacon grease from the pan.
- Fry minced onion in the bacon pan over medium heat until soft but not browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add corn and continue to cook for about 3 minutes more. Remove from heat and add tomatoes, bacon, and salt and pepper to taste. Can be prepared and refrigerated up to 24 hours ahead.
To grill shrimp:
- Preheat grill to medium high. Soak bamboo skewers for 30 minutes.
- Skewer shrimp in the shape of a “P”.
- Grill shrimp until pink and no longer opaque—about 4–5 minutes total time. Move frequently to prevent sticking and burning. Spoon relish onto each skewer.