FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Grilled Smoked Sausage Fajitas
This savory entrée features smoked sausage smothered in BBQ sauce, topped with onions, peppers and mushrooms, and prepared over the fire. In mere minutes, dinner is served!
View all tips »
Finish with adding additional barbecue sauce, if desired.
- 2 links Cavanaugh® Smoked Sausage
- 1 red pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 8 Mission® Fajita Tortillas
- 1 cup(s) KC Masterpiece® Original Barbecue Sauce, divided
- Heavy-duty aluminum foil
- Cooking spray or vegetable oil
- Prepare your grill with Kingsford® charcoal for both direct and indirect cooking. Light and allow preheating for 15 minutes, or until briquettes are at least 70% covered with ash and have a slight red glow.
- While grill is preheating, cut four, 10x12 inch pieces of heavy-duty aluminum foil. If using regular foil, double up the sheets.
- Spray the side of the foil on which you’re going to place the food with cooking spray or a small amount of cooking oil.
- Divide peppers and onion among the four pieces of foil; top each with 1/4 cup of barbeque sauce.
- Fold each into a foil pack by bringing the long sides together over the center, crease, and tightly fold until the foil is flat next to the vegetables. Then, tightly roll up the shorter sides until they meet the food.
- Grill sausage over direct heat and vegetable packets over indirect heat for approximately 10 minutes. Be sure not to crowd the grill-grill in batches, if necessary. To check the level of doneness of the vegetables, remove the packet from the heat and carefully open being cautious of escaping steam.
- Remove sausage and vegetable packets from grill and allow cooling briefly, approximately 2 minutes. Meanwhile, place tortillas on grill to warm, being cautious not over heat which can cause tortillas to crack.
- Slice sausage into strips and distribute evenly inside the foil packets.
- Serve each person a packet of sausage and vegetables with 2 tortillas on the side.