FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Ground Beef Tostadas
Creating a Mexican dinner is easy with this simple recipe. It uses fried flour tortillas as the shell for a different take on the usual tostada shells, plus perfectly seasoned ground beef and a delicious Tabasco® sour cream to add a bit of kick.
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 lb. ground beef (lean 90%)
- 1 1/2 tsp. taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) salsa
- 3 cup(s) lettuce (shredded)
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Wholly Guacamole
- 1/2 cup(s) sour cream
- Tabasco® sauce, or your favorite hot sauce
- 2 cup(s) refried beans, warmed in the microwave
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Kraft® Mexi Four Cheese Blend (shredded)
- 1 pkg. flour tortillas
- Fill a heavy frying pan with 1/4-inch of canola or peanut oil. Heat over medium-high until very hot (simmering, but not smoking).
- Cut a small “x” in the center of 6 tortillas. Using tongs, slide one tortilla into the pan so it’s just covered by the hot oil. Bubbles will appear around the edge of the tortilla if the oil is hot enough.
- Cook shell for about 40 seconds, using tongs to gently press down in the middle of the shell. Then use tongs to flip the tortilla over and cook for 40 seconds on the second side.
- Using tongs, remove to paper towels to drain, flip and drain other side. Repeat for all shells.
- In a large skillet, cook onions and garlic in oil over medium heat about 4 minutes or until onions are softened.
- Add ground beef and cook until meat is no longer pink. Drain and stir in the taco seasoning mix, salt and pepper. Set aside
- Add 4 to 8 drops of Tabasco® to sour cream and stir.
- Lay one flat tortilla on a dinner plate.
- Add a layer of warm refried beans to each shell.
- Add a portion of the sautéed beef, then shredded lettuce, grated cheese, guacamole and spicy sour cream.