FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
H.A.T. Sandwich (Ham, Asparagus and Tomato)
Whichever way you slice it, this sandwich is just downright delicious!
View all tips »
Serve with a mixed green salad and your favorite fresh fruit to round out the meal.
Trimming Fresh Asparagus
Asparagus spears snap off naturally where they are tough. Simply bend the spear near the bottom end and it will break off at the right point. Or, remove an inch or so of the "woody" portion off the bottom of the stalks with a sharp knife.
- 4 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 slices rustic white bread
- 1 Kraft® Colby Jack Cheese Slice with a Touch of Philadelphia® Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) baby spinach leaves
- 2 oz. Oscar Mayer Carving Board® Slow Cooked Ham
- 2 slices tomato
- Touch of Philadelphia® Cream Cheese
- Heat grill pan on high heat. Brush asparagus with 1 tsp. oil; cook 5 to 8 min. or until crisp-tender, turning occasionally. Remove from pan. Cut to fit bread.
- Fill bread slices with cheese, asparagus, spinach, ham and tomatoes. Brush outside of sandwich with remaining oil.
- Cook in grill pan 6 to 8 min. or until golden brown on both sides, turning after 4 min.