FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Ham & Cheese Penne
A smooth roux is the key to crafting this delicious, cheesy pasta casserole. Thanks to ham and spinach, it’s heartier than homemade macaroni and doubly delicious.
- 16 oz. penne
- 1/4 cup(s) butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 cup(s) 2% milk
- 2 cup(s) (8 oz.) shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 3 cup(s) cubed fully cooked ham
- 10 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- Prepare penne according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in the cheeses, garlic powder and pepper; cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Add penne to sauce mixture. Stir in ham and spinach.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through.