FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Ham 'N' Corn Fritters
A spoonful of sugar and sweet corn make these simple crispy fritters simply addictive.
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup(s) milk
- 1 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup(s) fresh or frozen corn, cooked and drained
- 1 cup(s) chopped fully cooked ham
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Separate eggs; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat egg yolks until slightly thickened. Beat in milk.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and pepper; add to yolk mixture and mix well. Stir in corn and ham.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold into the corn mixture.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°F. Drop batter by heaping tablespoonfuls, a few at a time, into hot oil.
- Fry until golden brown, about 1 minute on each side, turning with a slotted spoon. Drain on paper towels.