FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Ham and Penne Milano
Walnuts, julienned ham, broccoli and roasted sweet red peppers combine to deliver a complex collection of tastes that render this easy pasta dinner irresistible. Easily double the recipe for entertaining.
- 16 oz. penne pasta
- 2 2/3 cup(s) fresh broccoli florets
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 14 1/2 oz. reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup(s) 2% milk
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless fully cooked ham, julienned
- 7 1/2 oz. roasted sweet red peppers, drained and julienned
- 2/3 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp. pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook pasta according to package directions, adding the broccoli during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add chicken broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the ham, red peppers, cheese, walnuts and pepper.
- Drain pasta and broccoli. Add ham mixture; toss to coat.