FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Hass Avocado Halftime Sandwich
Grilled chicken, peppers, avocado and feta combine to make this colorful sports party sandwich. Serve up this easy sandwich recipe at your next halftime party or outdoor occasion.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3/4 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 Tbsp. chopped dill
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, grilled, chilled and diced
- 1/4 cup(s) diced cucumber
- 1/8 cup(s) finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup(s) diced tomato
- 1/4 cup(s) diced red bell pepper
- 1 ripe, fresh Hass avocado, seeded, peeled and diced
- 1/8 cup(s) crumbled low-fat feta cheese
- 1 cup(s) baby spinach, loosely packed
- 2 whole-wheat pitas, cut in half
- Place oil and lemon juice in a medium bowl and whisk until creamy. Add dill, salt and pepper and whisk to combine.
- Add chicken, cucumber, onion, tomato and red bell pepper and toss to combine. Add avocado and feta cheese and stir gently.
- Place spinach in pitas and fill with chicken mixture. Serve immediately.