FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Hearts of Romaine with Blue Cheese, Bacon and Buttermilk Dressing
Save any extra buttermilk dressing to serve the family with celery sticks and carrots for dipping.
View all tips »
To make your own buttermilk, just add 1 tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice to 1 cup of regular milk. Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes, then use as you would buttermilk.
- 1 cup(s) buttermilk (see tip)
- 1/4 cup(s) cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup(s) red onion, minced
- 2 Tbsp. sugar or honey
- 1/2 cup(s) mayonnaise
- 6 cup(s) torn hearts of romaine leaves
- 3/4 cup(s) Gorgonzola or other blue cheese crumbles
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 Gala apple, peeled and diced (if not using immediately, drizzle with lemon juice or salad dressing to slow browning)
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients and taste for seasoning. Refrigerate for up to 4 days.
- Layer all salad ingredients in a large bowl and add dressing to taste. Serve.