FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Hearty Beef and Noodles
If you’re like most busy, at-home chefs, a one-skillet meal brings a sigh-worthy sense of relief. And here, you’re just a half an hour away from comfort food great for a cool rainy day. Rich, creamy brown gravy makes every bite of this hearty stroganoff smooth and savory.
- 1 1/2 lb. beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped onion
- 1 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 10 3/4 oz. condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup(s) water
- 1 cup(s) half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup(s) brewed coffee
- 1 3/4 oz. brown gravy mix
- 5 cup(s) uncooked egg noodles
- 1 cup(s) (8 oz.) sour cream
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- In a large skillet, brown beef in oil on all sides; remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, sauté onion until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Return beef to the pan; stir in the soup, water, cream, coffee and gravy mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until meat is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions. Add the sour cream, paprika and pepper to skillet; heat through. Drain noodles. Serve with beef.