FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Hearty Meatball Sub Sandwiches
Hearty subs are great for hungry tailgaters. Blend quality USDA prime beef with bread crumbs and onions for ultimate juiciness and flavor.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup(s) dry bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. Tone's® Italian seasoning
- 2 lb. ground beef
- 28 oz. spaghetti sauce
- Additional Parmesan cheese, and sliced onion and green peppers, optional
- 12 sandwich rolls, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-inch balls. Place in a single layer in a 3-quart microwave-safe dish.
- Cover and microwave on high for 3 to 4 minutes. Turn meatballs; cook 3 to 4 minutes longer or until no longer pink. Drain. Add spaghetti sauce.
- Cover and microwave on high for 2 to 4 minutes or until heated through. Top with additional cheese, onion and green peppers, if desired. Serve on rolls.