FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Hearty Sausage and Baked Potato Soup
This creamy, cheesy sausage and potato soup combines many favorite flavors into an easy dish that requires minimal cleanup
View all tips »
For best results, use russet potatoes. Scrub potatoes well and prick with a fork before cooking so steam can escape. Bake at 425°F for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until potatoes are tender.
- 1 lb. baking potatoes, baked
- 1/4 cup(s) butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup(s) onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme or 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) flour
- 3 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 lb. Jimmy Dean® Regular Flavor Pork Sausage Roll, cooked, crumbled, drained
- 3 cup(s) milk
- 3/4 cup(s) Parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1” cubes. Set aside
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and thyme. Cook 4 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in flour. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually stir in broth. Bring to a boil and cook 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Add potatoes and sausage. Gradually stir in milk. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally. Stir in cheese, salt and pepper