FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Hearty Stuffed Peppers
Try this great, do-ahead winter dish when you need to have dinner prepared ahead of time. These are also a great leftover to pack in a lunch or reheat in the microwave for a quick supper.
View all tips »
Red bell peppers are much sweeter and milder than green bell peppers.
- 6 red or green bell peppers
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3/4 cup(s) onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey
- 1/2 lb. Italian pork sausage
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Hunt’s® Tomato Sauce
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano or basil
- 1 1/2 cup(s) uncooked Kraft® Minute® White Rice
- 1 can chicken or beef broth (14 .5ounce)
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1 cup(s) grated cheddar, Asiago or mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 tsp. red chili flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove tops, seeds and membranes from bell peppers. Stand in a baking dish.
- Sauté onions and garlic in a large skillet for 5 minutes. Add hamburger, pork, salt and pepper. Sauté until meats are browned and cooked. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Combine tomato sauce, Worcestershire and oregano in a small bowl.
- Add half of the tomato-sauce mixture and all remaining filling ingredients into the skillet and stir to blend.
- Spoon equal amounts of the filling into each pepper. Top with remaining tomato-sauce mixture.
- Pour 1/2 cup water into the baking dish around the peppers. Cover and bake for 50 minutes or until peppers are tender. Remove foil and sprinkle with grated cheese. Bake an additional 5 minutes uncovered to melt the cheese.