FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Heavenly Strawberry Angel Food Cake
Taste the heavenly dessert with fresh strawberries and whipped cream. Your family will love it!
View all tips »
Use a serrated knife and cut with a sawing motion to separate layers. To get even layers, place toothpicks the outside of the cake to mark where you’d like to cut.
- 1 qt. fresh strawberries
- 1 pkg. vanilla flavored instant pudding and pie filling (1.5 ounce)
- 1 tsp. orange zest, grated
- 3/4 cup(s) milk
- 1/2 cup(s) whipping cream
- 1 round angel's food cake, cut horizontally into 3 layers
- Wash berries, reserve 8 berries for garnish. Chop enough of berries to make ½ cup of chopped berries. Slice remaining berries.
- Whip cream to form soft peaks; set aside.
- Prepare vanilla pudding by stirring pudding mix and milk with a whisk for 1 ½ minutes. Stir in orange peel. Gently fold in whipped cream. Remove ¼ cup of pudding mixture; set aside. Stir in chopped berries.
- Place bottom layer of cake on a serving plate; arrange a little more than half of the sliced strawberries around the outer edge of layer. Top with ½ of pudding mixture and middle layer. Place remaining sliced berries around the edge of the middle layer. Spread with remaining berry and pudding mixture and top layer. Spread reserved pudding mixture on top of cake.
- Refrigerate 1 hour. Top with remaining berries just before serving.