FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Herb-Crusted Prime Rib
When you start with our USDA Choice cuts of beef, it's easy to bring great flavor to the table. Try this simple rub to enhance the rich, savory flavor of Sam's Club quality beef.
- 3 Tbsp. coarsely chopped onion
- 6 garlic cloves, quartered
- 3 Tbsp. Tone's® Italian Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 bone-in beef rib roast (4 lb.)
- 1 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1 1/2 tsp. beef bouillon granules
- 1 cup(s) dry red wine
- 1 tsp. butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place the onion, garlic and Italian seasoning in a food processor; cover and pulse until finely chopped. Add oil, pepper and salt; cover and process until blended. Rub over roast. Place on a rack in a large roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, 1 3/4 to 2 1/4 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°F; medium, 160°F; well-done, 170°F).
- Remove roast to a serving platter and keep warm; let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine water, bouillon and wine; bring to a boil. Cook until liquid is reduced to 1 cup. Remove from heat; stir in butter. Slice roast; serve with au jus.