FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Herbed Chicken and Shrimp
Your slow cooker will do most of the work when it comes to mingling flavors. After marinating in herbs, wine and tomato sauce, the chicken will melt in your mouth and the shrimp will be juicy and plump.
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 lbs.), cut up and skin removed
- 1/4 cup(s) butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup(s) white wine or chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 lb. uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Combine salt and pepper; rub over the chicken pieces. In a large skillet, brown chicken on all sides in butter. Transfer to an ungreased 5-quart slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, combine the onion, tomato sauce, wine, garlic and basil; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Stir in the shrimp. Cover and cook on high for 20 to 30 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.