FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8 (makes 2 cups)
Guacamole is a simple, wildly popular dip. There are many variations—with and without tomato, with and without sour cream, and spicy or mild. Just be sure to start with perfectly ripe avocados and fresh-squeezed lime juice. You can’t go wrong.
View all tips »
To prevent guacamole from turning brown, stir in some lemon or lime juice, then store it with the pit placed in the mixture (remove pit before serving).
- 2 ripe Hass avocados
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup(s) red onion, minced
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro, minced
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped tomato
- 1 Serrano chili, minced
- Cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper, to taste
- Peel and seed the avocados.
- Combine avocados in a bowl with the lime juice and roughly mash with the back of a fork. Leave avocado mix chunky.
- Combine avocado mix with remaining ingredients to complete recipe.