FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Satisfy the whole family's appetite with this hearty, traditional Polish meal made from scratch with fresh ingredients from Sam's Club. It's an exciting new way to use common ingredients you may already have on hand.
- 5 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup(s) water
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup(s) butter, softened
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 5 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each serving):
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- In a food processor, combine flour and salt; cover and pulse to blend. Add water, eggs and butter; cover and pulse until dough forms a ball, adding an additional 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed. Let rest, covered, 15 to 30 minutes.
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, sauté onions in butter until tender; set aside.
- Drain potatoes. Over very low heat, stir potatoes for 1 to 2 minutes or until steam has evaporated. Press through a potato ricer or strainer into a large bowl. Stir in cream cheese, salt, pepper and onion mixture; set aside.
- Divide dough into four parts. On a lightly floured surface, roll one portion of dough to 1/8-inch thickness; cut with a floured 3-inch biscuit cutter. Place 2 teaspoons of filling in center of each circle. Moisten edges with water; fold in half and press edges to seal. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Bring a Dutch oven of water to a boil; add pierogies in batches. Reduce heat to a gentle simmer; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until pierogies float to the top and are tender. Remove with a slotted spoon. In a large skillet, sauté four pierogies and onion in butter until pierogies are lightly browned and heated through.