FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Honey-beer Braised Ribs
A pint with your pork ribs? Indeed. Grab a rich, dark stout from the cooler to give this barbecue glaze a strong, roasted flavor to bring balance to the sweet brown sugar and honey.
- 1/2 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 6 lb. pork baby back ribs
- 1/4 cup(s) honey
- 1 bottle (12 oz.) dark beer or beef broth
- 1/4 cup(s) apple cider vinegar
- 1 bottle (18 oz.) barbecue sauce
- Combine the brown sugar, pepper and salt; rub over ribs.
- Place ribs bone side down on a rack in a large, shallow roasting pan. Drizzle with honey.
- Combine beer and vinegar; pour around ribs. Spoon some of the beer mixture over ribs.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake at 325°F for 1 hour. Reduce heat to 250°F; bake 2 hours longer or until tender.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Drain ribs. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until browned, turning and basting occasionally with barbecue sauce. Serve with remaining barbecue sauce.