FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Hummus Mashed Potatoes
Reignite your excitement for mashed potatoes. Move over, milk and butter. Let hummus bring creamy texture and taste to this recipe.
View all tips »
Begin cooking potatoes in cold water for a creamier texture.
Drizzle finished potatoes with a small amount of olive oil for a more Mediterranean look and flavor.
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 to 3 1/2 lbs. yellow potatoes (about 5 cups), peeled and cubed
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Sabra® Hummus
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 1 lemon, cut into 6 wedges
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- Fill a medium saucepan with cold water and salt.
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1-inch cubes and place in the pot, making sure there is enough water to cover the potatoes.
- Bring to a boil and simmer over medium heat for about 20 minutes, or until a fork goes gently through them.
- Once cooked, drain the potatoes, reserving 1 cup of cooking water. Return potatoes to the cooking pot. Using a potato masher, mash the potatoes until nearly smooth. Add hummus, 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper. Add reserved water slowly until desired consistency is reached.
- Top with a sprinkling of fresh parsley and serve with a lemon wedge to squeeze over top.