FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Hungarian Nut Rolls
Orchard-fresh Sam's Club apples, nuts and cinnamon deliver classic fall flavor to your breakfast table with these sweet, satisfying rolls.
- 1/2 oz. active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup(s) warm 2% milk (110°F to 115°F)
- 1/4 cup(s) plus 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup(s) butter, softened
- 1 cup(s) (8 oz.) sour cream
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 to 6 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 4 1/2 cup(s) ground walnuts
- 1 large apple, peeled and grated
- 2 cup(s) confectioner's sugar
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. 2% milk
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. Add the sugar, salt, butter, sour cream, eggs and 3 cups flour. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6 to 8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the sugar, butter, egg and cinnamon. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160°F or is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat; gently stir in walnuts and apple. Cool completely.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into four portions. Roll each into a 12x10-inch rectangle. Spread filling to within 1/2 inch of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal. Place seam side down on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine confectioner's sugar and enough milk to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over warm loaves.