FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Italian Brunch Bake
This savory make-ahead breakfast casserole adopts its dynamic flavor from quality sausage and fresh mushrooms, spinach and sweet red peppers all available in club.
- 1 lb. bulk Italian sausage
- 1 lb. baby portobello mushrooms, quartered
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 oz. fresh baby spinach
- 8 slices Italian bread (1 in. thick)
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup(s) 2% milk
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 4 cup(s) (16 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, mushrooms, onion, peppers and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, sauté spinach until wilted. Place bread on a baking sheet. Broil 2 to 3 inches from the heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to a greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Layer sausage mixture and spinach over bread; pour egg mixture over top. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350°F for 50 minutes. Uncover; bake 5 to 10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.