FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Italian Cheese Bread
Spaghetti night is already an easy way to please the family. This homemade Italian Cheese Bread will have them begging for Italian night every night. Pair with hearty casseroles like lasagna or lighter pastas like angel hair.
- 2 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. quick-rise yeast
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup(s) warm water (120°F to 130°F)
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- Dash pepper
- 1 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, yeast, sugar and salt. Beat in water and oil until blended. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead for 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 20 minutes.
- Punch dough down; place on a greased 12-inch pizza pan and pat into a 12-inch circle. Brush with salad dressing. Combine the seasonings; sprinkle over top. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake at 450°F for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.