FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Italian Meatball Soup
A savory soup perfect for a cold evening, this traditional favorite can be enjoyed alone or beside a crisp green salad.
- 2 lbs. Casa Di Bertacchi® Meatballs, frozen
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 medium yellow onions, diced into 1-inch pieces
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 24 cup(s) low sodium chicken stock (6 32-oz. containers)
- 1 bag spinach, roughly chopped
- 3 cup(s) uncooked twist pasta
- 2/3 cup(s) shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cracked black pepper
- Place large soup pot on medium-high heat. Add olive oil and preheat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir vegetables into olive oil and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until onions are translucent.
- Pour chicken stock into pot with onions and carrots.
- Add frozen meatballs and uncooked pasta.
- Add rough chopped spinach to soup pot.
- Bring soup to a low rolling boil.
- Simmer for 10 to 11 minutes or until pasta is al dente and meatballs are fully heated through.
- Season soup to taste with fresh cracked black pepper.
- Ladle into soup bowls and garnish with shredded Parmesan.