FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Italian Sausage with Swiss Cheese and Roasted Peppers Panini
Hearty eaters think paninis are too light for their tastes? Fire up the panini press for a superbly satisfying Italian-style chicken sausage panini and watch them dash to their spot at the lunch table. Stack hearty hoagie rolls with cheese and peppers for a big city sandwich in the comfort of your kitchen.
View all tips »
Brush olive oil on both sides of bread before pressing.
Substitute grilled onions for peppers.
- 4 Italian-style chicken sausages
- 4 whole wheat hoagie rolls*
- 8 slices of Swiss cheese
- 1 each red, yellow and orange peppers, cut into strips
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 clove(s) of garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
*Available in clubs with a Fresh Bakery Department.
- Add olive oil to heated pan, then garlic and peppers. Cook for 5 minutes until softened. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cut sausages in half lengthwise and cook on press for 5 minutes. Remove.
- Lay sausage on bread and then add 2 slices of cheese and peppers. Press and cook until toasted.