FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Italian Spaghetti Bake
Supreme pizza, antipasto salad and traditional Italian pasta all combine to create a meal the whole family will love. Its heartiness makes it plenty to serve for a complete meal alongside a loaf of crusty garlic bread.
- 24 oz. spaghetti
- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 30 oz. tomato sauce
- 8 oz. sliced pepperoni
- 8 oz. mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (3.8 oz.) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 4 cup(s) (16 oz.) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, pepperoni, mushrooms, olives and seasonings. Drain spaghetti.
- Spoon 1 cup meat mixture into each of two greased 13x9-inch. baking dishes. Layer with spaghetti and remaining meat mixture. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Bake the remaining casserole, uncovered, at 350°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350°F for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.