FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Italian Style Stew
Serve rustic Italian stew any night of the week by simply combining smoked sausage, tomato sauce, hearty potatoes, delicious vegetables and a sprinkling of seasonings.
View all tips »
Serve as is, with crusty bread, or rice.
- 3/4 lb. Cavanaugh® Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/2” slices
- 2 cup(s) Ragu® Old World Style Sauce
- 2 cup(s) Daily Chef® Marinated Artichoke Hearts, drained and cut in half
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- small amount oil
- 3 medium potatoes, cut into 1” squares
- 1 red pepper, seeded and cut into 1” squares
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small amount of oil, sauté onion and garlic until aromatic.
- Stir in sausage, potatoes and peppers. Add tomato sauce, bay leaf, oregano, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer, for about 35 minutes.
- Add artichoke hearts for the last 10 minutes of cooking. Once potatoes are fork tender, remove from heat.