FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Italian Sweet Corn Bruschetta
Bruschetta are one of the simplest hors d’oeuvres. They can be nothing more than toasted bread topped with a slice of melted cheese or a little prosciutto.
View all tips »
- The Bruschetta toasts can be prepared a day before topping to serve
- Serve these with a glass of wine before dinner on the patio.
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 loaf French or Italian bread, thinly sliced
- 2 large ripe tomatoes
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh spinach or basil, sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) Parmesan cheese, shaved or grated
- Kernels from 2 ears of fresh sweet corn
- Salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine olive oil, garlic and basil in a small bowl.
- Brush flavored oil onto bread slices and toast on a cookie sheet in the oven for about 4 minutes.
- Assemble bruschetta by layering toasted bread slices with a little spinach or basil, a slice of mozzarella, a slice of tomato, a teaspoon of sweet corn kernels and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. Drizzle a little of the remaining flavored oil over the top.
- Place on the cookie sheet and put back in the oven for 3 to 4 minutes. Serve.