FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Italian Tomato and Bread Salad (Panzanella)
Salad without lettuce or spinach? It’s not just possible, it’s delicious! Try this hearty Italian favorite and see for yourself.
- 4 large vine-ripened tomatoes, cut into large cubes or wedges
- 8 cup(s) stale Italian bread, crusts removed, cubed (about 40910 pound)
- 1/2 cup(s) red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup(s) olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) basil leaves, shredded
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded Parmesan cheese
- Combine tomatoes, bread and onions in a large bowl.
- Whisk together garlic, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper. Pour dressing over tomato mixture and let sit for 30 minutes at room temperature. Add the basil and cheese. Toss to combine.