FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Ham and cheese sandwiches never tasted so good! These outrageously delicious sandwiches feature nutty, fruity Gruyére cheese, ham slices and fresh basil.
View all tips »
If you prefer your waffles crispier or darker in color, leave in oven for a couple minutes more.
- 5 oz. Gruyère cheese, grated (feel free to use your favorite cheese)
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. whole grain or Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. whipping cream or mayo
- 8 Eggo® Seasons™ waffles
- 8 leaves fresh basil
- 4 sheet thin slices of cooked ham or cooked bacon
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Put all the filling ingredients into a food processor and blend into a smooth paste (feel free to add a dash more cream if mixture is too thick).
- Lay four Eggo waffles on your counter and top with thin layer of cheese mixture, spread almost to the edges. Place a slice of ham or bacon and two basil leaves over cheese mixture sandwich with another Eggo on top. Press down firmly. Place on an oven tray and cook each sandwich for 4 minutes per side.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a minute.
- Cut each sandwich in half to give four rectangles.