FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Jeweled Plum Tartlets
Enjoy the taste of seasonal plums, creamy custard and a flaky tart in this mouthwatering dessert made better only by adding ice cream.
- 1/2 cup(s) plus 2 tsp. all-purpose flour, divided
- 4 tsp. sugar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup(s) cold butter, cubed
- 2 medium plums, sliced
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 Tbsp. 2% milk
- 4 tsp. brown sugar, divided
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of two 4-inch fluted tart pans with removable bottoms. Bake at 325°F for 10 minutes or until set.
- Arrange plum slices in crusts. In another bowl, combine the egg yolk, milk, 2 teaspoons brown sugar and remaining flour. Spoon over plums; sprinkle with remaining brown sugar.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with ice cream.