FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Johnsonville® Original Brats
Bratwursts, which are particularly popular in the Midwest, are nearly always enjoyed there with hot or cold potato salad.
View all tips »
To Make a Reuben Style Brat-wich:
1. Cook the brats as above.
2. Meanwhile, sauté onion, garlic, and bell pepper until softened; add sauerkraut and a pinch of sugar.
3. Drain and pile onto grilled brats in the bun.
4. Top with a slice of Swiss cheese and lots of Thousand Island dressing.
- 8 Johnsonville® Original Brats
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 2 bottles your favorite beer, room temperature
- Simmer Johnsonville Original Brats gently in beer with a little chopped onion for about 20 minutes. Be careful not to boil them—the skins will burst.
- Drain and put the simmered brats over a hot fire and cook, turning often, for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown. (Cover grill between turnings.)