FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Juicy Watermelon Salad
Colorful and refreshing, this delicious salad features an unexpected combination of flavors that make it a cool, warm-weather treat.
View all tips »
To toast nuts, spread in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake at 350°F for 5 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Or, spread in a dry nonstick skillet and heat over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- 8 cup(s) cubed seedless watermelon (about 1 medium)
- 1 small red onion, cut into rings
- 1 cup(s) coarsely chopped macadamia nuts or slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 cup(s) fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 1/3 cup(s) balsamic vinaigrette
- 3 Tbsp. canola oil
- Watermelon slices, optional
- 1 cup(s) (4 oz.) crumbled blue cheese
- In a large bowl, combine watermelon and onion; cover and refrigerate until cold, about 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, add macadamia nuts and arugula to watermelon mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk vinaigrette and oil; drizzle over salad and toss to coat.
- Serve over sliced watermelon, if desired. Sprinkle with cheese.