FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
KC Barbecue Chicken and Bacon Skewers
The tangy spiciness of KC Masterpiece® Barbecue sauce is a perfect complement to smoky bacon, chicken and fruit. These skewers are a surefire hit for everyone in the family.
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 12 slices thick cut bacon, or Member’s Mark® Turkey Bacon
- 3 large tart apples
- 1 pineapple or 2 to 3 peaches
- 3/4 cup(s) 1/4 cup KC Masterpiece Barbecue Sauce
To assemble skewers
- Cut apples and pineapple into 1 1/2-inch sized cubes.
- Begin by sliding on a chunk of apple. Then skewer the end of the strip of bacon, add a piece of chicken, then a piece of pineapple, twisting the bacon in between these chunks. Repeat this wrapping/skewering process, ending with a chunk of fruit. Finish by looping the end of the bacon strip over the skewer to secure.
- Brush skewers with vegetable oil and salt and pepper.
- Grill 18 to 20 minutes over medium heat, or until chicken is done, brushing with reserved sauce the last 2 minutes.