FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Laredo Burger Skewers
Southwestern spices, and a fun bite-sized mini burger make these ideal summer party fare.
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 3/4 tsp. Tabasco® sauce, or to taste
- 1 Tbsp. corn chips, crushed
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. garlic, crushed
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. cilantro or parsley, minced
- 1 1/2 lb. ground chuck (80/20), at room temperature
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- vegetable oil
- 12 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- Mix all ingredients, except beef, in a large bowl. Add beef and mix gently with a fork to blend (over-handling makes beef tough).
- Form beef into 16 equal balls (about 1 1/2 ounces each).
- Assemble skewers by sliding on a wedge of onion, then a small meatball. At this stage, use your hands to shape the meat into a cylinder or football shape around the skewer. Add another piece of onion, then a second meatball, then a final wedge of onion. Brush all over with vegetable oil and sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Put the skewers on a medium hot grill, turning several times, for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- To serve, slide meat and onions onto an Arnold’s® Steak Bun, or your favorite roll (2 to 3 meatballs per roll). Top with jack cheese, avocado and sliced tomatoes or salsa.