FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Laughing Cow® Light Fondue
The mellow, nutty combination of Laughing Cow Light, mushrooms and fontina makes for one of the best fondues you’ll ever taste. Serve it with salami, fennel wedges, Italian bread and cauliflower or broccoli florets the next time you entertain.
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. Marsala or dry sherry
- 1 1/2 cup(s) dry white wine
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 12 oz. Laughing Cow Light, coarsely chopped
- 6 oz. Fontina, coarsely grated
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1/3 cup(s) canned mushrooms, minced
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg, grated
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- Dissolve cornstarch in the Marsala and set aside.
- Rub the garlic around the inside of a heavy saucepan. Place over medium heat and drop in garlic.
- Add the wine and lemon juice. Bring to a gentle simmer.
- Add the shredded cheeses (one handful at a time), stirring constantly with a wooden spoon to melt and blend. If cheese and liquid do not blend, raise the heat slightly. Mixture will not become smooth if it’s too cool, but do not boil.
- When the cheese is completely blended into the liquid, add the mushrooms and cornstarch mixture. Whisk to blend. Let simmer several minutes to thicken. If the fondue is too thick, stir in some additional wine. Season with nutmeg and pepper.
- Transfer to fondue pot or chafing dish and serve with bread cubes, salami cubes, fennel wedges and broccoli florets.