FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Layered Italian Casserole
A hearty hybrid of spaghetti and meat sauce and lasagna. Now you can bring all the robust flavor of homemade lasagna to your family's table in less time.
- 12 oz. uncooked spaghetti
- 1 1/2 lb. lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 30 oz. Italian tomato sauce
- 3 Tbsp. minced parsley
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 4 cup(s) (32 oz.) 1% cottage cheese
- 2 1/2 cup(s) (10 oz.) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook the beef, onion and garlic until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato sauce, parsley and oregano; heat through.
- In a large bowl, combine the cottage cheese, 2 cups mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Drain the spaghetti.
- Spread 1 cup meat sauce into a 13-in. x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with half of the spaghetti, cheese mixture and remaining meat sauce. Repeat layers (dish will be full).
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 45 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Bake 5 to 10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted.