FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
These soft, melt-in-your-mouth scones make any meal or tea party special.
- 2 1/4 cup(s) unbleached pastry or all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 1/2 sticks (6 ounce) unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch cubes and frozen
- 2/3 cup(s) Craisins®, finely minced
- 3/4 cup(s) heavy cream, plus extra for brushing tops of scones
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the flour, sugar and baking powder. Pulse on low to mix. Add the lemon zest and butter. Pulse until the mixture is pale yellow and the consistency of fine meal.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and stir in the Craisins®. Make a well in the center and pour in the cream. Using one hand, draw in the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and gently knead a few times to gather it into a ball. Roll or pat the dough into a circle about 3/4-inch thick. Cut out the scones with a 3-inch biscuit cutter. Gather the scraps, pat and press the pieces back together and cut out the remaining dough. Place the scones 1 inch apart on a Silpat®-lined baking sheet.
- Brush tops with the remaining cream and a sprinkle of sugar.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, or until the surface cracks and scones are slightly browned.