FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Servings: Makes 2 1/2 cups
Tangy and refreshing, this lovely little “jam” has dozens of uses. You can spread it on everything from biscuits to pancakes and muffins, or use it as a cake or tart filling. Sealed in jars or pots, this will keep for weeks in the refrigerator.
- 1 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 3/4 cup(s) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 eggs, plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 Tbsp. lemon zest, grated
- tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup(s) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tsp. Frangelico
- Combine the sugar, salt and lemon zest in a food processor and pulse to blend thoroughly. Add the lemon juice and process to dissolve the sugar. Slowly pulse in the eggs, egg yolk and butter.
- Pour the liquid into a 2-quart saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon or spatula for 10 to 12 minutes until the mixture becomes thick enough to coat the back of the spoon.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the Frangelico. Transfer to your selected gift jars. Seal and chill until set (at least 3 hours or up to 1 day) before gifting.