FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Lobster is the first and last flavor you note in this lush hors d'oeuvre. Offered as an hors d'oeuvre or serve several on a plate with a small salad and sauce for a special first course.
- 1 lb. lobster meat (about 2 tails)
- 1/2 cup(s) minced scallion
- 1 Tbsp. minced parsley
- 1/2 cup(s) finely diced celery
- 1/4 cup(s) mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. minced fresh tarragon
- 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup(s) Panko or other fine bread crumbs
- Salt and black pepper
- Remove lobster meat from shells and dice. Combine the meat and all of the minced vegetables in a large bowl.
- In a second bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard and dry spices.
- Gently fold this into the lobster mixture. Next fold in the lightly beaten egg. Sprinkle in 1/4 cup of the bread or cracker crumbs, salt and pepper and fold together being careful to leave the lobster chunks. You should have a moist, but manageable mixture. If it is too sloppy to form into a cake, add a little more bread or cracker crumb.
- Form into hors d'oeuvres size cakes (about 1 1/2 inches in diameter). Press all sides of the cakes into the reserved crumbs. Place on a greased cookie sheet, wrap and refrigerate from 1 hour to overnight before cooking.
- To cook, preheat oven to 400°F. Cook for a total of 8 to 10 minutes, flipping once. They can then be held warm in the oven for up to 30 minutes.