FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Makeover Spinach and Artichoke Casserole
Fresh celery, peppers and onions from Sam's Club add great texture and taste to this easy dish that can double as a savory side or a tailgating appetizer.
- 5 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, chopped
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup(s) half-and-half cream
- 1 cup(s) fat-free milk
- 3 cup(s) (12 oz.) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 4 pkg. (10 oz. each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 28 oz. water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- In a Dutch oven, sauté the celery, red peppers and onions in butter and oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add cream and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in shredded cheese until melted.
- Add the spinach, artichokes, salt, cayenne, pepper and pepper flakes. Transfer to a 13x9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbly.