FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Malted Madness Cookies
Malted milk is one of those flavors that evokes a happy, easygoing time, and now there’s an easy way to share it with your children. These cookies are easy to make and full of the malted madness everyone knows and loves.
View all tips »
A trick for making drop cookies the same size and shape? Use a spring-handled cookie or ice-cream scoop.
- 1 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) butter or margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup(s) Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup(s) chocolate-flavor malted milk powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup(s) chocolate-covered malted milk balls, crushed
- 1 1/2 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 1/4 chocolate-flavor malted milk powder
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheet with shortening or spray with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat brown sugar, butter and eggs with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon, until well blended. Stir in flour, 1/2 cup malted milk powder, the baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are set. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir all malt glaze ingredients until smooth and spreadable. Spread malt glaze over cooled cookies. Sprinkle with crushed malted milk balls.