FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Marinated Cheese-Topped Salad
Marinated cream cheese gives this salad an unexpected burst of texture and flavor in every bite. Excellent as an impressive accompaniment to your next patio party.
- 1/2 cup(s) olive oil
- 2 tsp. dried parsley
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, chilled
- 4 cup(s) torn romaine
- 2 cup(s) fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cup(s) grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) medium pitted green olives
- For dressing, in a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Cut cheese into 1/2-inch cubes; toss with half of the dressing. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine, arugula, tomatoes, shallots and olives. Drizzle with remaining dressing; toss to coat. Top with marinated cheese. Serve immediately.