FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Marinated Portobello Mushroom with Rice Stuffing
Big, meaty Portobello mushrooms and rice overhaul the traditional recipe with impressive results. Rich and satisfying enough for a meal, simple and stunning enough for entertaining.
View all tips »
Use left over rice or substitute other grains, such as quinoa or barley.
Substitute chicken stock for the water when cooking rice.
- 3/4 cup(s) Olive Garden® Italian Salad Dressing
- 4 Portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup(s) of rice
- 1 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. dried basil
- Handful of grated Swiss cheese
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in medium sauce pan and cook onion, red pepper and garlic for 4 minutes until translucent.
- Add rice and 1 1/2 cups water to mixture. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Add 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup dressing to the rice.
- Take core out of mushrooms and toss in 1/2 cup of dressing.
- Place mushrooms on a lined cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes at 400°F.
- Overstuff 1/2 cup of rice mixture into each mushroom.
- Top mushrooms with 1 tablespoon grated Swiss cheese.
- Turn broiler on and melt cheese for 3 minutes.