FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Mashed Potatoes with Olive Oil and Garlic
These mashed potatoes have less saturated fat than mashed potatoes made with butter, and they boast a delicious Mediterranean flavor thanks to the olive oil used to prepare them.
View all tips »
Leave potato skins on for extra nutrients and a more rustic look.
- 2 lb. Yukon Gold or Red-skinned yellow potatoes, peeled and cut into large cubes
- 1/4 cup(s) Member’s Mark® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water; bring to a boil over high heat. Cook until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid and return to pot.
- Add in reserved liquid, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Mash with potato masher until smooth. Stir in cheese.